Plans for more classrooms at Chulmleigh
- Credit: Archant
College seeks permission for two new ‘wings’.
CHULMLEIGH Community College is applying for planning permission to build 13 new classrooms to replace out-dated buildings at the school.
The classrooms would be housed in two new wings alongside a new 12-room block already under construction.
The two storey buildings would be used to teach maths, English, special needs and computer skills (ICT). They will form the second phase of a major investment in new accommodation at the school.
A design and access statement submitted with the planning applications concludes: “The proposal seeks to further the success of the school and the young people it serves.
“The building rationalises and replaces existing structures that are sub-optimal for modern teaching practices.”
The plans will be determined by North Devon Council following a period of public consultation.
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 6 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 10 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps