Plans for more classrooms at Chulmleigh
- Credit: Archant
College seeks permission for two new ‘wings’.
CHULMLEIGH Community College is applying for planning permission to build 13 new classrooms to replace out-dated buildings at the school.
The classrooms would be housed in two new wings alongside a new 12-room block already under construction.
The two storey buildings would be used to teach maths, English, special needs and computer skills (ICT). They will form the second phase of a major investment in new accommodation at the school.
A design and access statement submitted with the planning applications concludes: “The proposal seeks to further the success of the school and the young people it serves.
You may also want to watch:
“The building rationalises and replaces existing structures that are sub-optimal for modern teaching practices.”
The plans will be determined by North Devon Council following a period of public consultation.
- 1 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 2 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 7 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 8 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 9 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate