Plans for more classrooms at Chulmleigh
- Credit: Archant
College seeks permission for two new ‘wings’.
CHULMLEIGH Community College is applying for planning permission to build 13 new classrooms to replace out-dated buildings at the school.
The classrooms would be housed in two new wings alongside a new 12-room block already under construction.
The two storey buildings would be used to teach maths, English, special needs and computer skills (ICT). They will form the second phase of a major investment in new accommodation at the school.
A design and access statement submitted with the planning applications concludes: “The proposal seeks to further the success of the school and the young people it serves.
You may also want to watch:
“The building rationalises and replaces existing structures that are sub-optimal for modern teaching practices.”
The plans will be determined by North Devon Council following a period of public consultation.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 5 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 8 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 9 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment