Plans for housing development near Brynsworthy Lane
- Credit: Wessex Strategic
Land promoter and developer Wessex Strategic, is organising an exhibition next week to seek residents’ views on its proposal for a residential development on land opposite Roundswell Business Park, south of the A39.
The proposed scheme comprises:
- Around 450 homes of various sizes and types including affordable homes
- Access from the A39
- Cycle/pedestrian links through the site to local routes
- Landscape-led masterplan
Combined, the development will provide much-needed homes in the Barnstaple area, near fast-growing employment sites, ‘without negatively impacting existing residential areas or adding traffic to smaller local routes’.
The scheme is being prepared by award-winning Devon-based architects and master planners - LHC Design.
Andrew Pegg, of Wessex Strategic, said: “Our design leads the way in incorporating building for a healthy life requirements and emerging Future Homes Standards and will offer a healthy and quality life for residents in a distinctive and sustainable new community with local character.”
The Wessex Strategic team will be on hand to present the proposals and answer questions at the exhibition on Saturday, November 20, between 11am and 4.30pm at Fremington Parish Hall, EX31 3BG. Visitors are requested to wear a mask and adhere to social distancing.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 3 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 6 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 7 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 8 OPINION: Surfers Not Street Children ambassadors visit Croyde
- 9 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 10 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table