Plans for 42 new homes at Pilton
- Credit: Archant
Devonshire Homes is proposing the new development at Westaway Plain.
Plans for a 42 house development at Westaway Plain in Pilton will go on show to in Barnstaple on Thursday of next week (July 4).
The event at Yeo Dale Hotel in Pilton Street will be open between 2-8pm when members of the Devonshire Homes project development team will be on hand to explain the proposals and answer questions.
“This is one of several sites in the area identified by the local council as being suitable for potential housing development,” said Devonshire Homes land and planning director, Steve Russell.
“It lies to the north of Westaway Plain and to the east of Shearford Lane and is partially screened from the road.
You may also want to watch:
“We are proposing a mix of two, three and four bedroom houses in a sensitively designed scheme that includes a barn courtyard feature, new pedestrian links and the inclusion of a Devon bank.
“We look forward to discussing our proposals with the public and I encourage everybody to use this opportunity to give us your comments and feedback.”
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 8 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
Devonshire Homes is currently developing a site at Rumsam Meadows, Barnstaple and has recently completed a scheme at Northam.