Plans are in for Brunswick Wharf site in Bideford
- Credit: Archant
Bideford mayor confirms planning application has been submitted for the East-the-Water site.
A PLANNING application was submitted last week for the redevelopment of the Brunswick Wharf site in Bideford.
The plans submitted by Oceanside Developments, which comprise of a retail and residential development, were first revealed by the Gazette in December last year.
At the mayor’s introduction ceremony in Bideford on Thursday, Cllr Mervyn Langmead said the plans had been submitted to Torridge on Wednesday.
If approved, the site will be given a green light to transform from the derelict wharves into a hive activity with shops, restaurants, cafes and floating pontoons for boats.
You may also want to watch:
The plans are expected to be available to view on the Torridge District Council website in the coming week.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer