Plans approved for Barnstaple school extension
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Bigger classrooms and a management hub given planning consent at Orchard Vale Community School.
NORTH Devon Council has approved plans to extend Orchard Vale Community School in Barnstaple.
The 350-pupil primary school will now be able to extend the existing classrooms into the playground area.
It will also be able to create a new ‘management hub’ within the existing courtyard at the entrance of the school in Westacott Road.
The additional floor space is needed due to increased class sizes.
You may also want to watch:
The school, which opened in 1999, does not intend to increase pupil or teaching numbers.
Earlier this year, the school installed enough solar panels to power the entire school on a clear day. During school holidays, any power produced is routed back into the national grid.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington