Planners will visit Ilfracombe Bus Station
COUNCILLORS will meet on Thursday for a site visit to help determine the controversial Ilfracombe Bus Station planning application. The plan for 51 flats and four commercial units submitted by Omnium Ilfracombe Ltd were deferred at the last meeting of Nor
COUNCILLORS will meet on Thursday for a site visit to help determine the controversial Ilfracombe Bus Station planning application.
The plan for 51 flats and four commercial units submitted by Omnium Ilfracombe Ltd were deferred at the last meeting of North Devon Council's planning committee so councillors could see the site and scale of the application for themselves.
One of the objections raised to the scheme is that it will be too large and over intensive for the harbour area, while the modern design is considered by many to be inappropriate for the area.
Councillors are to be given an idea of the height of the proposed four blocks of accommodation during the site visit so they can make up their own minds.
You may also want to watch:
Along with 17 one bedroom and 34 two bedroom units, the plan would include three retail units fronting onto Broad Street and a caf� unit on Fore Street, plus a pedestrian link between Fore Street and Ropery Road as well as a new bus lay-by and turnaround facility. Up to a quarter of the flats are earmarked for affordable housing.
To date Ilfracombe Town Council has recommended refusal and 22 letters of objection have been received.
- 1 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 2 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 3 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 4 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 5 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 6 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 7 Mercy for man who took part in Bideford Quay affray
- 8 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 9 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 10 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton