Pit your wits against Devon’s best quizzers
Giant radio quiz will raise money for Devon Air Ambulance
DEVON Air Ambulance is inviting general knowledge buffs to take part in a giant countywide quiz, taking place next Thursday night.
The “Test the County” quiz is being broadcast on BBC Radio Devon from 7pm by quizmaster, presenter Judi Spiers, who hopes that more than a 1,000 teams will take part in pubs, clubs, village halls, and family homes around Devon.
Judi said: “If you haven’t already entered, why not do so now? It’s in aid of such a fantastic cause and the service is there for everyone.
“Top scoring teams will be invited to take part in an elimination round live on air, with the final two teams left standing going ‘head to head’ to win the crown of ‘Test the County Champions 2011’.”
A team of adjudicators across the county will be popping in at random to check fair play, while BBC Radio Devon’s roving reporters will also be travelling across the county, visiting as many venues as they can.
Test the County is raising funds for the BBC Radio Devon Air Ambulance Appeal, which is aiming to raise �600,000 in order to enable the ordering of a second owned aircraft for the charity funded service
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 3 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 6 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 7 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 8 Snell returns to inspire comfortable win for Bideford
- 9 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 10 Nature conservation work in Fremington requires volunteers
So far, the appeal total stands at �132,997.83.
To take part costs only �5 for a team of four; to register, visit the Devon Air Ambulance Trust website at www.daat.org, or telephone (01752) 234934.