Pit your wits against Devon’s best quizzers
Giant radio quiz will raise money for Devon Air Ambulance
DEVON Air Ambulance is inviting general knowledge buffs to take part in a giant countywide quiz, taking place next Thursday night.
The “Test the County” quiz is being broadcast on BBC Radio Devon from 7pm by quizmaster, presenter Judi Spiers, who hopes that more than a 1,000 teams will take part in pubs, clubs, village halls, and family homes around Devon.
Judi said: “If you haven’t already entered, why not do so now? It’s in aid of such a fantastic cause and the service is there for everyone.
“Top scoring teams will be invited to take part in an elimination round live on air, with the final two teams left standing going ‘head to head’ to win the crown of ‘Test the County Champions 2011’.”
You may also want to watch:
A team of adjudicators across the county will be popping in at random to check fair play, while BBC Radio Devon’s roving reporters will also be travelling across the county, visiting as many venues as they can.
Test the County is raising funds for the BBC Radio Devon Air Ambulance Appeal, which is aiming to raise �600,000 in order to enable the ordering of a second owned aircraft for the charity funded service
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 5 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 6 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
So far, the appeal total stands at �132,997.83.
To take part costs only �5 for a team of four; to register, visit the Devon Air Ambulance Trust website at www.daat.org, or telephone (01752) 234934.