Pipe band looking for new members
- Credit: Archant
Bideford Youth Pipe Band is looking to recruit new members from the age of 10 to prepare for a busy 2014.
BIDEFORD Youth Pipe Band is currently looking to recruit new members after a busy summer season.
The past few months have seen the band play at various locations around the South West – and even make a special trip to France.
Over the bank holiday weekend, the pipers ditched their shoes and waded into the ocean, playing on Westward Ho! beach after the mini run.
“We may have to make this an annual performance after we’ve played the minis off, weather and tide permitting,” said pipe major Gaylena Humphries
You may also want to watch:
“Whenever we’re out playing we always try to make the engagements fun for the band as well as for the people we perform to.”
In June, the band also paid a visit to Normandy to play at a special ceremony unveiling a new statue for famous piper Bill Millin.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
Now the band, which practices at St Mary’s School, near the Old Cattle Market, twice a week on a Wednesday and Friday from 7pm until 9pm, is looking for new members.
Members from the age of 10 can join up and all uniform and instruments are supplied.
Anyone interested in joining can visit www.bidefordyouthpipeband.co.uk or contact Mike Harper on 01237 422477 or email@example.com.