Pipe band looking for new members
- Credit: Archant
Bideford Youth Pipe Band is looking to recruit new members from the age of 10 to prepare for a busy 2014.
BIDEFORD Youth Pipe Band is currently looking to recruit new members after a busy summer season.
The past few months have seen the band play at various locations around the South West – and even make a special trip to France.
Over the bank holiday weekend, the pipers ditched their shoes and waded into the ocean, playing on Westward Ho! beach after the mini run.
“We may have to make this an annual performance after we’ve played the minis off, weather and tide permitting,” said pipe major Gaylena Humphries
You may also want to watch:
“Whenever we’re out playing we always try to make the engagements fun for the band as well as for the people we perform to.”
In June, the band also paid a visit to Normandy to play at a special ceremony unveiling a new statue for famous piper Bill Millin.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
Now the band, which practices at St Mary’s School, near the Old Cattle Market, twice a week on a Wednesday and Friday from 7pm until 9pm, is looking for new members.
Members from the age of 10 can join up and all uniform and instruments are supplied.
Anyone interested in joining can visit www.bidefordyouthpipeband.co.uk or contact Mike Harper on 01237 422477 or email@example.com.