Pipe band conquers three peaks in kilts
The band climbed the three highest peaks in the South West, piping all the way.
The Bideford Youth Pipe Band has completed an epic challenge climbing the three highest peaks in the South West in kilts.
A group of 11 completed the challenge including the two youngest participants, 16-year-olds Nicole Lamey and Katie Hookway.
Mike Harper, secretary of the band, said: “We started at first light and finished as it was getting dark, so it was a very full day.
“We are hoping to be able to raise more than �800 from our efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will be split between the Bill Millin memorial statue being erected at the top of Sword beach in Normandy, and the cost of the band’s trip to the unveiling next June.
Mr Harper added: “This is a great opportunity for the band to travel to France and pay our respects to everyone who took part in the D-Day landings.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021