Pilton streets to get a facelift
TWO streets in Pilton are to be given a spring clean next month following concerns expressed about the cleanliness of the area by residents. Pilton Street and The Rock will be given a facelift on Tuesday, November 10 in a community action day being organ
TWO streets in Pilton are to be given a spring clean next month following concerns expressed about the cleanliness of the area by residents.
Pilton Street and The Rock will be given a facelift on Tuesday, November 10 in a community action day being organised by North Devon Council.
Both roads will be closed to traffic and parked vehicles between 10am and 3pm to allow the work to take place.
The council hopes ressidents will join service providers to help with painting street furniture, removing graffiti and litter picking. All equipment will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
Ward member Cllr Brian Greenslade said: "We spoke to residents and listened to what they had to say, so the public authorities could respond.
"Pilton Street and The Rock are very much the heart of Pilton where the highly successful festival takes place, so this intensive maintenance day will spring clean the area.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 9 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 10 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
"It is appreciated that even one day of the area being closed will be disruptive, but I hope everyone can recognise it is for a good cause which will not start until 10am and be over by 3pm."
Local war councillor Mair Manuel said: "I am delighted that we are now able to start the clean-up of Pilton Street and The Rock as a direct response to the comments received at the consultation event. It would be great to see as many residents as possible on the day.
Anyone who would like to volunteer should contact Community Development at North Devon Council on (01271) 388862 or 388426. The email address is community.development @northdevon.gov.uk