Pilton streets to get a facelift
TWO streets in Pilton are to be given a spring clean next month following concerns expressed about the cleanliness of the area by residents. Pilton Street and The Rock will be given a facelift on Tuesday, November 10 in a community action day being organ
TWO streets in Pilton are to be given a spring clean next month following concerns expressed about the cleanliness of the area by residents.
Pilton Street and The Rock will be given a facelift on Tuesday, November 10 in a community action day being organised by North Devon Council.
Both roads will be closed to traffic and parked vehicles between 10am and 3pm to allow the work to take place.
The council hopes ressidents will join service providers to help with painting street furniture, removing graffiti and litter picking. All equipment will be provided.
You may also want to watch:
Ward member Cllr Brian Greenslade said: "We spoke to residents and listened to what they had to say, so the public authorities could respond.
"Pilton Street and The Rock are very much the heart of Pilton where the highly successful festival takes place, so this intensive maintenance day will spring clean the area.
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
"It is appreciated that even one day of the area being closed will be disruptive, but I hope everyone can recognise it is for a good cause which will not start until 10am and be over by 3pm."
Local war councillor Mair Manuel said: "I am delighted that we are now able to start the clean-up of Pilton Street and The Rock as a direct response to the comments received at the consultation event. It would be great to see as many residents as possible on the day.
Anyone who would like to volunteer should contact Community Development at North Devon Council on (01271) 388862 or 388426. The email address is community.development @northdevon.gov.uk