Pilton’s Green Man Day returns this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Pilton Green Man Day returns on Saturday (July 20) with a packed day of music and festivities.
The family-friendly event in Pilton Street and the nearby Rotary Gardens kicks off at 11am with the traditional procession from Barnstaple square and along the High Street, led by the Green Man.
The Green Man Pageant, featuring dances and ancient rituals will take place at 12pm and 3pm.
North Devon's musical talent will be playing from three stages, with Sam Green, Retro Mates and The Elderly Brothers all set to play.
The Rotary Gardens will have plenty for the family to enjoy, with Uncle Tacko's flea circus, Dave Hendy's Punch and Judy Show, art workshops, archery and performances by Entertainingly Different.
You may also want to watch:
As ever there will be a range of food and drink stalls, and Barum Brewery will be hosting a beer festival at The Reform Inn from Friday (July 19) to Sunday (July 21).
For more information and the full Green Man Day programme, visit www.piltonfestival.co.uk
- 1 Heavy traffic in Barnstaple after crash involving car and pedestrian
- 2 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 3 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 4 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 5 Farmer who caused lamb ‘unnecessary suffering’ given two year ban
- 6 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 A39 Atlantic Highway near new school 'safe' after no collisions in two years
- 9 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 10 Covid case rise in Devon's young people prompts warning