Pilton’s Green Man Day returns this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Pilton Green Man Day returns on Saturday (July 20) with a packed day of music and festivities.
The family-friendly event in Pilton Street and the nearby Rotary Gardens kicks off at 11am with the traditional procession from Barnstaple square and along the High Street, led by the Green Man.
The Green Man Pageant, featuring dances and ancient rituals will take place at 12pm and 3pm.
North Devon's musical talent will be playing from three stages, with Sam Green, Retro Mates and The Elderly Brothers all set to play.
The Rotary Gardens will have plenty for the family to enjoy, with Uncle Tacko's flea circus, Dave Hendy's Punch and Judy Show, art workshops, archery and performances by Entertainingly Different.
You may also want to watch:
As ever there will be a range of food and drink stalls, and Barum Brewery will be hosting a beer festival at The Reform Inn from Friday (July 19) to Sunday (July 21).
For more information and the full Green Man Day programme, visit www.piltonfestival.co.uk
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council