Pilton artists host an exhibition this weekend
AFTER a busy year two Pilton artists are looking forward to showing off their work closer to home with an exhibition at Pilton Church Hall this Saturday and Sunday (August, 21-22.) Christine Lovelock and Tim Saunders are both Art Trek regulars and use con
AFTER a busy year two Pilton artists are looking forward to showing off their work closer to home with an exhibition at Pilton Church Hall this Saturday and Sunday (August, 21-22.)
Christine Lovelock and Tim Saunders are both Art Trek regulars and use contrasting mediums portray many scenes from the north Devon landscape.
Christine paints mostly in acrylics and pastels. She was one of the original Art Trek artists and organised the event in 2005. Her work is especially inspired by the landscape and most of her paintings develop from walks she has taken in the surrounding countryside.
Tim paints in oil and the paintings he will be showing are his response to sketches made this summer, covering his favourite subjects including abandoned boats and disappearing lanes.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is in support of Friends of Pilton Church and Pilton Church Hall and runs from 10am-5pm on both days and refreshments will be available.
Find out more at the artists' website on www.chrislovelock.co.uk or www.timsaundersart.co.uk.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!