Pilton artists host an exhibition this weekend
AFTER a busy year two Pilton artists are looking forward to showing off their work closer to home with an exhibition at Pilton Church Hall this Saturday and Sunday (August, 21-22.) Christine Lovelock and Tim Saunders are both Art Trek regulars and use con
AFTER a busy year two Pilton artists are looking forward to showing off their work closer to home with an exhibition at Pilton Church Hall this Saturday and Sunday (August, 21-22.)
Christine Lovelock and Tim Saunders are both Art Trek regulars and use contrasting mediums portray many scenes from the north Devon landscape.
Christine paints mostly in acrylics and pastels. She was one of the original Art Trek artists and organised the event in 2005. Her work is especially inspired by the landscape and most of her paintings develop from walks she has taken in the surrounding countryside.
Tim paints in oil and the paintings he will be showing are his response to sketches made this summer, covering his favourite subjects including abandoned boats and disappearing lanes.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is in support of Friends of Pilton Church and Pilton Church Hall and runs from 10am-5pm on both days and refreshments will be available.
Find out more at the artists' website on www.chrislovelock.co.uk or www.timsaundersart.co.uk.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Two charged with attempted murder after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Burglars hit Ilfracombe business twice in three days
- 5 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 6 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 7 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 8 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 9 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 10 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?