Pilton artists host an exhibition this weekend
AFTER a busy year two Pilton artists are looking forward to showing off their work closer to home with an exhibition at Pilton Church Hall this Saturday and Sunday (August, 21-22.) Christine Lovelock and Tim Saunders are both Art Trek regulars and use con
AFTER a busy year two Pilton artists are looking forward to showing off their work closer to home with an exhibition at Pilton Church Hall this Saturday and Sunday (August, 21-22.)
Christine Lovelock and Tim Saunders are both Art Trek regulars and use contrasting mediums portray many scenes from the north Devon landscape.
Christine paints mostly in acrylics and pastels. She was one of the original Art Trek artists and organised the event in 2005. Her work is especially inspired by the landscape and most of her paintings develop from walks she has taken in the surrounding countryside.
Tim paints in oil and the paintings he will be showing are his response to sketches made this summer, covering his favourite subjects including abandoned boats and disappearing lanes.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is in support of Friends of Pilton Church and Pilton Church Hall and runs from 10am-5pm on both days and refreshments will be available.
Find out more at the artists' website on www.chrislovelock.co.uk or www.timsaundersart.co.uk.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 3 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 4 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 5 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 6 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 7 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 8 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 9 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 10 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford