Piglet thinks she's a lamb
PEPPA the six-week-old Tamworth cross Gloucester Old Spot piglet is quite happy to be a lamb. The smallest of a large litter at The Big Sheep in Abbotsham, she was rejected by her mum, so was put in the baby pen for orphan lambs. There Peppa soon made fri
PEPPA the six-week-old Tamworth cross Gloucester Old Spot piglet is quite happy to be a lamb.
The smallest of a large litter at The Big Sheep in Abbotsham, she was rejected by her mum, so was put in the baby pen for orphan lambs.
There Peppa soon made friends with Dizzy the lamb and now they are inseperable.
Both are being bottle fed.
You may also want to watch:
Martyn Ward, farm manager at the Big Sheep said: "It's common for us to bottle feed newborn lambs, but we rarely feed piglets. We double checked which milk to feed Peppa and found out from a local pig farmer, that baby milk would be the best for her delicate tummy."
Claire Payne, PR and Marketing Assistant said: "We hope to include Peppa in some of the Big Sheep shows, which range from sheep racing to duck and dog trials and horse whispering. We see Peppa and Dizzy meeting the visitors in the bottle feeding sessions, where usually we only feed baby lambs. We hope that Peppa will be the highlight of the show, where a chosen visitor would be picked from the audience to feed her.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 5 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 6 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 7 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 8 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 9 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 10 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
"Peppa is such a cute little addition to the flock, we can't wait to introduce her to the real Peppa Pig, from the favourite children's TV programme, who is visiting the BIG Sheep on Sunday, July 4"
the Big Sheep is open to visitors daily from March 29.