Piglet thinks she's a lamb
PEPPA the six-week-old Tamworth cross Gloucester Old Spot piglet is quite happy to be a lamb. The smallest of a large litter at The Big Sheep in Abbotsham, she was rejected by her mum, so was put in the baby pen for orphan lambs. There Peppa soon made fri
PEPPA the six-week-old Tamworth cross Gloucester Old Spot piglet is quite happy to be a lamb.
The smallest of a large litter at The Big Sheep in Abbotsham, she was rejected by her mum, so was put in the baby pen for orphan lambs.
There Peppa soon made friends with Dizzy the lamb and now they are inseperable.
Both are being bottle fed.
You may also want to watch:
Martyn Ward, farm manager at the Big Sheep said: "It's common for us to bottle feed newborn lambs, but we rarely feed piglets. We double checked which milk to feed Peppa and found out from a local pig farmer, that baby milk would be the best for her delicate tummy."
Claire Payne, PR and Marketing Assistant said: "We hope to include Peppa in some of the Big Sheep shows, which range from sheep racing to duck and dog trials and horse whispering. We see Peppa and Dizzy meeting the visitors in the bottle feeding sessions, where usually we only feed baby lambs. We hope that Peppa will be the highlight of the show, where a chosen visitor would be picked from the audience to feed her.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
"Peppa is such a cute little addition to the flock, we can't wait to introduce her to the real Peppa Pig, from the favourite children's TV programme, who is visiting the BIG Sheep on Sunday, July 4"
the Big Sheep is open to visitors daily from March 29.