Piglet thinks she's a lamb
PEPPA the six-week-old Tamworth cross Gloucester Old Spot piglet is quite happy to be a lamb. The smallest of a large litter at The Big Sheep in Abbotsham, she was rejected by her mum, so was put in the baby pen for orphan lambs. There Peppa soon made fri
PEPPA the six-week-old Tamworth cross Gloucester Old Spot piglet is quite happy to be a lamb.
The smallest of a large litter at The Big Sheep in Abbotsham, she was rejected by her mum, so was put in the baby pen for orphan lambs.
There Peppa soon made friends with Dizzy the lamb and now they are inseperable.
Both are being bottle fed.
You may also want to watch:
Martyn Ward, farm manager at the Big Sheep said: "It's common for us to bottle feed newborn lambs, but we rarely feed piglets. We double checked which milk to feed Peppa and found out from a local pig farmer, that baby milk would be the best for her delicate tummy."
Claire Payne, PR and Marketing Assistant said: "We hope to include Peppa in some of the Big Sheep shows, which range from sheep racing to duck and dog trials and horse whispering. We see Peppa and Dizzy meeting the visitors in the bottle feeding sessions, where usually we only feed baby lambs. We hope that Peppa will be the highlight of the show, where a chosen visitor would be picked from the audience to feed her.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 4 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 7 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
"Peppa is such a cute little addition to the flock, we can't wait to introduce her to the real Peppa Pig, from the favourite children's TV programme, who is visiting the BIG Sheep on Sunday, July 4"
the Big Sheep is open to visitors daily from March 29.