Pictures: School girl shaves off locks for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Tori Evans donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust while raising hundreds-of-pounds for Cancer Research UK.
A BRAVE 15-year-old has shaved off her hair for Cancer Research UK, and donated her locks to help young children undergoing cancer treatment.
Pilton Community College pupil Tori Evans decided to have her hair cut off on Wednesday in support of her father and stepfather who have both undergone cancer treatment.
Proud dad David Evans, who was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2011, looked on as his daughter’s hair was chopped off at Kismet Hair and Barbering in Barnstaple.
He said: “I actually felt quite emotional and am very proud of her.”
You may also want to watch:
Tori has raised more than £600 so far and donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust.
She said: “I was more excited than nervous; I wanted to do it to support my Dad and stepdad.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
Barber Dan Squires also shaved the Cancer Research UK ribbon into the back of Tori’s hair.
Anyone wanting to donate to help Tori’s appeal can do so by visiting www.justgiving.com/tori-roseheadshave.
Photos: To see more photos of Tori having her head shaved click the link in the top right of the page.