Pictures: School girl shaves off locks for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Tori Evans donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust while raising hundreds-of-pounds for Cancer Research UK.
A BRAVE 15-year-old has shaved off her hair for Cancer Research UK, and donated her locks to help young children undergoing cancer treatment.
Pilton Community College pupil Tori Evans decided to have her hair cut off on Wednesday in support of her father and stepfather who have both undergone cancer treatment.
Proud dad David Evans, who was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2011, looked on as his daughter’s hair was chopped off at Kismet Hair and Barbering in Barnstaple.
He said: “I actually felt quite emotional and am very proud of her.”
You may also want to watch:
Tori has raised more than £600 so far and donated her hair to the Little Princess Trust.
She said: “I was more excited than nervous; I wanted to do it to support my Dad and stepdad.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 5 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 8 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 9 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
Barber Dan Squires also shaved the Cancer Research UK ribbon into the back of Tori’s hair.
Anyone wanting to donate to help Tori’s appeal can do so by visiting www.justgiving.com/tori-roseheadshave.
Photos: To see more photos of Tori having her head shaved click the link in the top right of the page.