Pictures: Preview and taster of new Ilfracombe Wetherspoon pub
- Credit: Archant
THE people of Ilfracombe have been able to enjoy a sneak preview – and taste – of the new JD Wetherspoon pub today (Friday).
Throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday The Admiral Collingwood is giving away invitations for a free meal and drink at the town’s newest venue as part of staff training sessions.
The offer was advertised on the pub’s Facebook page at The Admiral Collingwood Ilfracombe – JD Wetherspoon and has already attracted a huge surge of interest, with people keen to book a place.
Numbers are limited for training purposes, but nonetheless a steady stream of people went through the doors this morning for breakfast and to see the £3.45million premises for the first time.
“The reaction from the community has been outstanding – literally in a couple of days on our Facebook page there has been more than one thousands ‘likes’,” said manager Martin Cumiskey.
You may also want to watch:
“Clearly there’s nothing like this in Ilfracombe at the moment so ideally it’s going to keep more people in town rather than going off to Barnstaple.”
In fact the page now has more than 1,680 likes and the pub will be officially opened on Tuesday (June 3) by Ilfracombe Mayor George Squires.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
It was constructed by Sanderson Contractors and designed by Harrison Ince Architects, on two floors, with a bar on each.
It has created around 74 new jobs and looks set to become a dominating feature on the seafront.
“The new team are a really good batch – we focussed on peoples’ personalities and there is a good mix of ages,” added Mr Cumiskey.
“It’s been a long time coming and I think now it’s finally here it’s going to be well received.”
* CLICK HERE to see more pictures of The Admiral Collingwood.