Pictures: Ilfracombe’s new land train
- Credit: Archant
The new Dotto Train for Ilfracombe is put through its paces at the Italian factory where is has been custom-built.
ILFRACOMBE’S new land train is almost set to roll off the assembly line ready for delivery to the town during November.
Manufacturer Dotto Trains has sent North Devon Council pictures of Ilfracombe’s latest mode as it undergoes tests and finishing at the company factory at Castelfranco near Venice in Italy.
The custom made land train in ‘Ilfracombe livery’ is the result of a successful £163,000 funding bid to the EU Leader 4 programme.
It is hoped it will be an added attraction for the area and help transport people around the town’s seafront, high street and harbour.
You may also want to watch:
The train is expected to be in operation by the February half term and the council has invited already potential operators who wish to run the service to register their interest.
An introductory meeting is being held next Monday (November 4), but anyone who would like to attend must register their interest at www.supplyingthesouthwest.org.uk by tomorrow (Thursday, October 31).
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
People will be invited to tender their bids at the beginning of December and the appointment will be made at the start of January.