PICTURES: Bideford lights beacon for Queen’s 90th birthday
- Credit: Archant
Bideford mayor Phil Pester lit a celebratory beacon at The Pollyfield Centre last night in honour of the Queen’s 90th birthday.
Bideford joined the nation in celebrating the Queen’s 90th birthday yesterday (Thursday) by lighting a beacon.
The celebratory beacon was lit by mayor Cllr Phil Pester at The Pollyfield Centre in East-the-Water.
As well as the lighting of the beacon there was a whole host of family celebrations throughout the evening.
For more photos from the Bideford beacon, scroll through the gallery above.
You may also want to watch:
Beacon lightings took place across North Devon last night to mark Queen Elizabeth’s birthday, including at Torrington, Buckland Brewer, Woolacombe and Codden Hill.
Send your photos to email@example.com so we can include them in our coverage.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 6 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 7 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family