Pictures: Barnstaple’s Bogey Trails BMX track is in business
- Credit: Archant
The new BMX jump track at Rock Park is officially opened and enjoyed by riders from toddlers right up to national pros.
HUNDREDS of riders and onlookers turned out to enjoy the official opening of the new Bogey Trails BMX jump track at Rock Park in Barnstaple on Saturday.
Built by young riders from Barnstaple BMX Club, working with North Devon Council, local and national sponsors, the facility offers something for all ages and ability levels.
There are small jumps and skills areas for the youngest riders, through to intermediate and full size professional standard ramps for the most experienced.
On Saturday pro riders from national sponsor Crucial BMX joined locals for awe-inspiring demos plus a series of competitions to suits all ages, as well various prize giveaways.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsors also include Monster Beverage plus North Devon businesses Phil Vanstone Contractors, RGB, William Hockin Transport Ltd and M and E Alarms.
“The day in general was brilliant – from mid-afternoon it became very busy with riders and the public,” said organiser Toby Parker, who with fellow club riders has been working with the council and sponsors to get the track finished.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
“It was great to show off what we have built and to see so many people enjoying it. There wasn’t a bad word said about it, everyone loved it.
“It was good for me to see the jumps I have built being used by the professional riders and to know they are up to pro standard.”
* CLICK HERE to see more pictures from Saturday’s official opening.