Pictures and video: Santas take to Bideford for fun run
- Credit: Archant
All the action from the Santa Fun Run for the Children’s Hospice South West in Bideford today (Sun).
DOZENS of Santas pounded the pavements in Bideford this afternoon (Sun) in the first festive fun run in the town.
The 2km event, organised by the Children’s Hospice South West, had more than 150 entries both young and old.
The Father Christmases began the afternoon with a dance warm up, before setting off from the start line on the Quay.
After two laps of Victoria Park, the first two to the finish line arrived back in little more than 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Bryant, 25, and Wayne Harris, 30, leapt over the finish line in first place, minutes ahead of the competition.
Wayne said: “I didn’t expect to do so well when we entered.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
The rest of the troupe weren’t far behind, with the rear brought up by Lucy Dyer and her two children Sydney, aged two, and Morgan, aged five.
Marie Tippet, of the Children’s Hospice, said the event had been a great success.
“We will definitely be running it again next year, and it can only get bigger and better,” she said.
The fun continues this afternoon with the big Christmas light switch on at 5pm, reindeer parade at 5.30pm and firework display at 6.30pm.
To see more photographs from the Santa Fun Run click the galleries on the right of the page.
Check back for more photos and videos from the event later on.