Pictures and video: Mini merriment returns to North Devon
- Credit: Archant
The Legendary Grand Tour was back in the region at the weekend as the little cars raised more money for Children’s Hospice South West.
THE Minis returned to North Devon in force over the bank holiday weekend as with much tooting and merriment they took to the streets for the Legendary Grand Tour.
The ‘little cars with the big hearts’ have been visiting the region now for 19 years, all with the aim of raising money for Children’s Hospice South West.
After a Saturday evening visit to the Big Sheep, dozens and dozens of Minis, most in full ‘costume’ just like their drivers, set off from Westward Ho! before touring through many towns and villages in Torridge.
Yesterday (Monday) they set off again, this time from, Bideford and made their way across North Devon, before ending the Grand Tour for another year in Ilfracombe.
You may also want to watch:
The video shows the Minis making their way through Combe Martin yesterday.
* CLICK on the gallery link to the top right of this story to see more pictures.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 9 Teams needed for Appledore RNLI Boat Pull
- 10 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again