Picture special: Thriller on the Square
Iconic Michael Jackson dance recreated in aid of chemo appeal
SHOPPERS were given an early taste of Halloween when a troupe of “zombies” performed a re-enactment of one of the world’s best loved music videos on Barnstaple Square on Saturday.
Around 45 ghoulish characters turned out to recreate Michael Jackson’s iconic Thriller dance in front of the town’s museum.
The stunt had nothing to do with an unnerving uprising of the museum’s exhibits. Instead, the curious spectacle was one 225 simultaneous “Thrill the World” events taking place at the same time in towns and cities around the world.
Local organiser Anthony Price, 29, said has chosen to organise the event for the North Devon Chemotherapy Unit Appeal, following his experiences battling cancer as a teenager.
You may also want to watch:
“It was amazing”, he said. “I was really impressed by the turnout and so far we’ve raised just over �1,000 for the appeal.
“I’d like to thank everyone who helped out and took part as well as Inspiration Fitness and Devon Delights, who sponsored the event.”
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs