Picture special: Thriller on the Square
Iconic Michael Jackson dance recreated in aid of chemo appeal
SHOPPERS were given an early taste of Halloween when a troupe of “zombies” performed a re-enactment of one of the world’s best loved music videos on Barnstaple Square on Saturday.
Around 45 ghoulish characters turned out to recreate Michael Jackson’s iconic Thriller dance in front of the town’s museum.
The stunt had nothing to do with an unnerving uprising of the museum’s exhibits. Instead, the curious spectacle was one 225 simultaneous “Thrill the World” events taking place at the same time in towns and cities around the world.
Local organiser Anthony Price, 29, said has chosen to organise the event for the North Devon Chemotherapy Unit Appeal, following his experiences battling cancer as a teenager.
You may also want to watch:
“It was amazing”, he said. “I was really impressed by the turnout and so far we’ve raised just over �1,000 for the appeal.
“I’d like to thank everyone who helped out and took part as well as Inspiration Fitness and Devon Delights, who sponsored the event.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses