Picture special: North Devon does Big Purple Day
- Credit: Archant
Purple-inspired fund raising as the region hosts second annual event to help the Chemotherapy Appeal.
A proliferation of purple profusion invaded North Devon on Friday as the region rallied around once more to boost the Chemotherapy Appeal.
The second annual Big Purple Day has been hailed a great success following a range of purple-themed events and activities to help the appeal toward its £2.2million goal.
Health staff at North Devon District Hospital made purple cakes, held purple raffles and sold purple bows, pens and t-shirts. Raina Clyne sold her handmade bags and buttons in the foyer.
North Devon Gazette staff also wore the purple for a day, handed out purple sweets and encouraged office visitors to donate.
You may also want to watch:
Parkside Vauxhall, Kia and Suzuki staff in Barnstaple wore purple, sold cakes and donated £10 for each test drive, as well as donating £500 to the appeal.
North Devon Council staff took part, as did Barnstaple Specsavers, Bideford Quay Café, The Big Sheep, Tesco, ASDA and many more.
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 6 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 7 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 8 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 9 Brian Greenslade's name scraped off plaque after sex assault trial
- 10 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
“Big Purple Day was a fantastic day – everywhere you looked around the hospital someone was wearing purple,” said fund raiser Julie Whitton.
“The staff got fully behind the event, helping to raise awareness on how important a new chemotherapy and day treatment unit is for our North Devon patients.”