Picture special: Combe Martin Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Plenty of pictures from Wednesday’s colourful carnival parade.
COMBE Martin carnival parade dodged the showers last night (Wednesday) with revellers, colourful walkers, floats, two bands, a horse, Uncle Tom Cobbley and all stepping out to enjoy the fun.
Oompa-loompas, Smurfs, pirates, cow girls, Spanish ladies and countless creatively costumed creations all got into the carnival spirit as the procession made its way along the mile long main street.
* CLICK on our galleries to the top right of this page to see dozens of parade pictures.
* TONIGHT (Thursday) there is Carnival Prize Bingo at the Village Hall from 7.30pm, the tomorrow (Friday), there is a Children’s Pavement Art Competition at Borough Road by the seaside from 10.30-11am.
You may also want to watch:
Also on Friday the popular Wheelbarrow Race – essentially a second carnival parade – sets off from the top of the village at 8pm.
Entrants are invited to put on their best fancy dress and assemble from 6.30-7pm. The fun concludes with a firework display at the beach at around 9.30pm.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Carnival Week winds down with everything from classic vehicles to supercars at a Static Motor Show on Saturday in the coach park by the Pack O’ Cards.
Pick up your carnival programme at outlets around the village, visit the Combe Martin Carnival Facebook page or go to www.combemartincarnival.com