Pianist plays at Bideford
A world-renowned pianist will be playing at Bideford Music Club this month
A PIANIST who has played at festivals around the globe and conducted an orchestra at Cambridge is coming to Bideford next week.
James Sherlock, a former organ scholar at Trinity College, Cambridge, will be performing sonatas by Mozart and Beethoven as well as a collection of other pieces at Bideford Music Club on February 8.
James’s experience as a soloist, accompanist and conductor has made him a regular guest at festivals around the UK, such as Edinburgh Fringe and Leeds International, as well as visits to Japan, South Africa and Brazil.
He also plays the organ at St. Bartholomew the Great in London, and guest-conducts several choirs.
You may also want to watch:
His visit to Bideford comes as part of a young artists programme, which he was selected to join by Making Music and Park Lane Group.
The Concert will begin at 7.30 p.m. at the Bideford Methodist Church Hall. Tickets are �11 (students free) and available at the door.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses