Pianist plays at Bideford
A world-renowned pianist will be playing at Bideford Music Club this month
A PIANIST who has played at festivals around the globe and conducted an orchestra at Cambridge is coming to Bideford next week.
James Sherlock, a former organ scholar at Trinity College, Cambridge, will be performing sonatas by Mozart and Beethoven as well as a collection of other pieces at Bideford Music Club on February 8.
James’s experience as a soloist, accompanist and conductor has made him a regular guest at festivals around the UK, such as Edinburgh Fringe and Leeds International, as well as visits to Japan, South Africa and Brazil.
He also plays the organ at St. Bartholomew the Great in London, and guest-conducts several choirs.
You may also want to watch:
His visit to Bideford comes as part of a young artists programme, which he was selected to join by Making Music and Park Lane Group.
The Concert will begin at 7.30 p.m. at the Bideford Methodist Church Hall. Tickets are �11 (students free) and available at the door.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council