Pianist plays at Bideford
A world-renowned pianist will be playing at Bideford Music Club this month
A PIANIST who has played at festivals around the globe and conducted an orchestra at Cambridge is coming to Bideford next week.
James Sherlock, a former organ scholar at Trinity College, Cambridge, will be performing sonatas by Mozart and Beethoven as well as a collection of other pieces at Bideford Music Club on February 8.
James’s experience as a soloist, accompanist and conductor has made him a regular guest at festivals around the UK, such as Edinburgh Fringe and Leeds International, as well as visits to Japan, South Africa and Brazil.
He also plays the organ at St. Bartholomew the Great in London, and guest-conducts several choirs.
His visit to Bideford comes as part of a young artists programme, which he was selected to join by Making Music and Park Lane Group.
The Concert will begin at 7.30 p.m. at the Bideford Methodist Church Hall. Tickets are �11 (students free) and available at the door.
- 1 Indecent exposure near Barnstaple park under investigation
- 2 OPINION: Myth busting the Green Lanes purchase - David Worden
- 3 Hero soldier auctioning medals to provide ‘best opportunities’ for his children
- 4 OPINION: Support North Devon's fantastic live music venues - Andy McAuley
- 5 Police seek owner of bike found after car stolen in Barnstaple
- 6 Christmas Drive-In Cinema coming to Barnstaple
- 7 Property of the Week: Hanson Park - Northam
- 8 OPINION: Channel your inner Wim Hof in Saunton this weekend
- 9 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 10 Barnstaple shop volunteer Jo wins Flame of Hope Award