Photos: Woman 28, suffers ‘life-threatening’ injuries in collision with police van
- Credit: Archant
Pedestrian in hospital after being hit by marked police van in Bideford.
A 28-year-old pedestrian is in hospital with life-threatening head injuries after being hit by a police van in Bideford last night (Wednesday).
The collision between the woman and a marked police Ford Transit van took place near Longbridge Wharf on New Road at around 7.17pm.
The casualty was initially taken to North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple but was later air lifted to Derriford Hospital in Plymouth.
The driver of the police vehicle, a serving officer, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
The police van was on routine patrol and travelling in the direction of Torrington and officers from the Serious Collisions Investigation Unit have been carrying out a full investigation at the scene to establish how the collision occurred.
The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
Witnesses are urged to contact police on 101 and quote log 738 of 6 March 2013.