PHOTOS: Verity receives April Fools’ Day makeover
- Credit: Archant
The 60ft bronze statue in Ilfracombe woke wearing coloured, stripy leg warmers this morning.
DAMIEN Hirst’s statue Verity certainly didn’t wake up with cold feet this morning after she was ‘yarn bombed’ overnight.
The 60ft bronze statue on Ilfracombe sea front appeared to be wearing a pair of stripy, knitted leg warmers this morning.
The April Fools’ Day prank is no doubt one of many to take place across the region today.
Get in touch if you’ve spotted a great April Fools’ Day prank in North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Lynda Courtnadge commented: “Who knows why Verity has been given a rather fetching set of stripy tights? Perhaps it was a student looking to be the next Jean Paul Gaultier? Or maybe someone thought Verity’s legs were looking a little cold? Or finally could there be a more extraterrestrial nature and aliens have decided to pay a visit to an earth resort and leave a thank you?”
If you know who knitted the leg warmers, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the newsdesk on 01271 345056.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer