PHOTOS: Snow falls in parts of North Devon
- Credit: Archant
Reports coming in of snow across higher ground as temperatures drop today (Thurs).
PARTS of North Devon is experiencing snow this morning (Thurs) as the gale force winds from yesterday begin to die down.
Snow has been reported in Brayford, High Bickington and the area around Berry Down.
Gritters were also out this morning on the A39 and A399 after snow fall on Exmoor.
Hazardous driving conditions have been reported on the A361 in South Molton around the Station Road junction due to snow.
There is also reports of snow and ice on the road at the A388 between Holsworthy and Landcross, and also on the A39 in Lynmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The region is currently enjoying a respite from the heavy rain and 50mph gusts, but further weather warnings have been issued for tomorrow.
Yellow warnings for rain and wind remain in place from 6am on Friday until 12pm on Saturday.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
If you spot any snow send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.