Photos: Ship loads at Yelland Quay for first time in two decades
Trial run could be the start of further activity for Yelland Quay.
A SHIP berthed at Yelland Quay on Sunday for the first time in more than 20 years.
The mv RIG will be loading around 700 tonnes of logs which are stacked on the jetty.
A spokesman from Bideford Harbour office said this was a trial run to see how the ship fared using the quay.
If successful, both Yelland and Bideford ports could be used to increase the tidal window for ship arrivals.
The Russian crew are due to leave the quay on Thursday at the high evening tide.
Have you seen the ship? Upload your photos to iwitness24 using the link in the top right of the page, or send them to email@example.com
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 6 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 7 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 8 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'