Photos: Ship loads at Yelland Quay for first time in two decades
Trial run could be the start of further activity for Yelland Quay.
A SHIP berthed at Yelland Quay on Sunday for the first time in more than 20 years.
The mv RIG will be loading around 700 tonnes of logs which are stacked on the jetty.
A spokesman from Bideford Harbour office said this was a trial run to see how the ship fared using the quay.
If successful, both Yelland and Bideford ports could be used to increase the tidal window for ship arrivals.
You may also want to watch:
The Russian crew are due to leave the quay on Thursday at the high evening tide.
Have you seen the ship? Upload your photos to iwitness24 using the link in the top right of the page, or send them to email@example.com
- 1 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 2 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 3 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 4 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 5 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 6 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Plans to demolish and redevelop Barnstaple Civic Centre finally submitted
- 10 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate