PHOTOS: Saunton beach hire hut smashed to pieces by waves
- Credit: Archant
The high tides and huge waves caused the concrete hut on Saunton Sands to buckle and break.
A HUT on Saunton beach has been smashed to pieces by the hide tide yesterday evening (Saturday) and this morning.
The hut, which is by the entrance to the beach from the car park, usually hires out windbreaks and sunbeds.
But this morning as the sun rose it was evident it had been battered by the huge spring tides.
Photographer Rob Puig captured these photos of the hut this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Much of the seaward-facing side of the concrete hut is now in pieces. Sand dunes along the beach have also been eroded by the waves.
Elsewhere, properties in Westward Ho! and Combe Martin received some damage from the storm.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
Another high tide is expected this evening but it will not be as high as the others have been over the weekend.
If you’ve spotted any damage from the storm, send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.