PHOTOS: Saunton beach hire hut smashed to pieces by waves
- Credit: Archant
The high tides and huge waves caused the concrete hut on Saunton Sands to buckle and break.
A HUT on Saunton beach has been smashed to pieces by the hide tide yesterday evening (Saturday) and this morning.
The hut, which is by the entrance to the beach from the car park, usually hires out windbreaks and sunbeds.
But this morning as the sun rose it was evident it had been battered by the huge spring tides.
Photographer Rob Puig captured these photos of the hut this morning.
You may also want to watch:
Much of the seaward-facing side of the concrete hut is now in pieces. Sand dunes along the beach have also been eroded by the waves.
Elsewhere, properties in Westward Ho! and Combe Martin received some damage from the storm.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 3 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
Another high tide is expected this evening but it will not be as high as the others have been over the weekend.
If you’ve spotted any damage from the storm, send your photos to email@example.com.