PHOTOS: Organisers ‘overwhelmed’ by Bideford Bike Show success
- Credit: Archant
Around 1,000 bikes packed onto Bideford Quay, raising thousands of pounds for two charities.
THE organisers of the Bideford Bike Show said they were ‘completely overwhelmed’ as more than 1,000 bikers packed the Quay on Saturday.
Bikes lined the Quay from the Longbridge to Victoria Park, and several cafes even had to shut early after selling out of everything.
“By 12.45 the car park, pavements and the entire Quay were completely packed, and that wasn’t even an hour in,” said organiser Lisa Elston.
“At one point I just stood there with my hand over my mouth, I couldn’t believe how many people were there.
You may also want to watch:
“Some people came from as far as Essex, Sussex and County Durham.
“We tried to give bikes tickets as they came in to keep count but in the end we had so many bikers trying to get in we just had to get them through as quickly as possible.”
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
Lisa said the exact figures were due to be confirmed, but she hoped they had raised around £2,000 to split between Help for Heroes and Devon Freewheelers.
“We’re going to meet next week to discuss the future, but after this year’s success I think we are good to go for next year,” Lisa added.