Photos: North Devon dons jeans for genes
- Credit: Archant
Workplaces have seen an influx of denim for the day in order to raise funds for Genetic Disorders UK.
NORTH Devon has been breaking out the denim today (Fri) to help raise money for children with genetic disorders.
Jeans for Genes day has seen workplaces take a more casual approach in return for a donation to Genetic Disorders UK.
At the North Devon Gazette, the editorial and sales team have switched to denim for the day and collected from visitors to the office.
North Devon and Torridge District Councils have both seen an outbreak of jeans today as they raise money for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Riverbank House, Bridge Buildings, the Town Hall and Westcombe Deport were all awash with denim as Torridge staff donned their jeans and collected more than £109 for the cause over the course of the working day.
Trewin Design Architects tweeted a cheeky picture of their denim attire, and Great Torrington School will be holding a belated Jeans for Genes day next week.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
All the money raised will go towards helping the 1 in 25 children born in the UK with rare genetic disorders.
To see more photos, click the gallery on the right of the page. Send your photos to email@example.com to be included, or tweet us @northdevon24.