Photos: North Devon dons jeans for genes
- Credit: Archant
Workplaces have seen an influx of denim for the day in order to raise funds for Genetic Disorders UK.
NORTH Devon has been breaking out the denim today (Fri) to help raise money for children with genetic disorders.
Jeans for Genes day has seen workplaces take a more casual approach in return for a donation to Genetic Disorders UK.
At the North Devon Gazette, the editorial and sales team have switched to denim for the day and collected from visitors to the office.
North Devon and Torridge District Councils have both seen an outbreak of jeans today as they raise money for the cause.
You may also want to watch:
Riverbank House, Bridge Buildings, the Town Hall and Westcombe Deport were all awash with denim as Torridge staff donned their jeans and collected more than £109 for the cause over the course of the working day.
Trewin Design Architects tweeted a cheeky picture of their denim attire, and Great Torrington School will be holding a belated Jeans for Genes day next week.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
All the money raised will go towards helping the 1 in 25 children born in the UK with rare genetic disorders.
To see more photos, click the gallery on the right of the page. Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included, or tweet us @northdevon24.