Photos: New shop highlights Bideford’s offerings
- Credit: Archant
The venture by the Bideford Chamber of Commerce was officially launched at Atlantic Village on Saturday.
A NEW ‘shop’ in Atlantic Village opened on Saturday to highlight what Bideford has to offer and drive visitors to the town.
Discover Bideford, which is located in the courtyard of the shopping centre, was led by the Bideford Chamber of Commerce, and forms a small part of its ‘Vision for Bideford’.
The shop features two television screens which will show around 300 rolling images of the town taken over the last 10 years by local photographer Graham Hobbs.
One of the screens will also show a feed from a new webcam being installed on Bideford Town Hall, which has been funded by the town council.
Atlantic Village have provided the premises and costs free of charge, and the unmanned centre houses a range of maps, leaflets and DVDs about the town.
Bideford mayor, Simon Inch, officially cut the red ribbon, and said: “I hope the visitors to Atlantic Village will have a look and choose to come and visit the town.”
- 1 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 2 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 3 War hero, SWW champion and author Tony dies at 97
- 4 How can we celebrate Queen's Platinum?
- 5 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 6 Chance at last to sing along with the Winkleigh Singers
- 7 Exercise the 'chuckle muscle' with comedian Jason Manford
- 8 MP Selaine Saxby: Violence against women and girls
- 9 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 10 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
John Emms, president of the Chamber of Commerce, gave a short speech at the opening and presented Atlantic Village centre manager Jane McCleod with a bouquet of flowers.
The cutting of the ribbon was followed by a street dancing performance by the Torrington Streetz Dance Group.
To see more photos of the opening and the Streetz crew performing, click the gallery in the top right of the page.