Photos: Lorry left teetering on the edge after skidding on ice
- Credit: Guy Harrop
The driver had a lucky escape as the four-and-a-half tonne lorry teetered on the edge of the road near Challacombe.
A LORRY was left in a precarious position this morning (Tuesday) after skidding on the ice and colliding with a hedge.
The Exmoor Ales lorry was left teetering over an eight-foot drop after the single-vehicle collision on the B3358 near Challacombe at 10.15am.
Police confirmed the road was still open but the four-and-a-half-tonne lorry, which is currently awaiting recovery, was partially blocking the road.
The driver managed to climb free of the vehicle but is being checked by paramedics after complaining of back pain.
Recovery of the vehicle has been arranged and is currently making its way to the scene.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 10 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage