Photos: Lorry left teetering on the edge after skidding on ice
- Credit: Guy Harrop
The driver had a lucky escape as the four-and-a-half tonne lorry teetered on the edge of the road near Challacombe.
A LORRY was left in a precarious position this morning (Tuesday) after skidding on the ice and colliding with a hedge.
The Exmoor Ales lorry was left teetering over an eight-foot drop after the single-vehicle collision on the B3358 near Challacombe at 10.15am.
Police confirmed the road was still open but the four-and-a-half-tonne lorry, which is currently awaiting recovery, was partially blocking the road.
The driver managed to climb free of the vehicle but is being checked by paramedics after complaining of back pain.
You may also want to watch:
Recovery of the vehicle has been arranged and is currently making its way to the scene.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash