Photos: Lorry left teetering on the edge after skidding on ice
- Credit: Guy Harrop
The driver had a lucky escape as the four-and-a-half tonne lorry teetered on the edge of the road near Challacombe.
A LORRY was left in a precarious position this morning (Tuesday) after skidding on the ice and colliding with a hedge.
The Exmoor Ales lorry was left teetering over an eight-foot drop after the single-vehicle collision on the B3358 near Challacombe at 10.15am.
Police confirmed the road was still open but the four-and-a-half-tonne lorry, which is currently awaiting recovery, was partially blocking the road.
The driver managed to climb free of the vehicle but is being checked by paramedics after complaining of back pain.
You may also want to watch:
Recovery of the vehicle has been arranged and is currently making its way to the scene.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course