Photos: Irish vessel launched from Appledore shipyard
- Credit: Archant
Appledore Town Band played Le Samuel Beckett on its way as it launched from the shipyard yesterday (Sun).
AROUND 100 people gathered to watch an Irish Navy ship launch from Appledore shipyard yesterday (Sun).
The ship, named LÉ Samuel Beckett after the world renowned Irish literary figure, floated out of Babcock Marine just before 5pm.
LÉ Samuel Beckett was played out by the Appledore Town Band as a lull in the wind allowed the operation to go ahead.
The ship is 90 metre long and 14 metres wide.
You may also want to watch:
During the float out, the band played the Irish National Anthem and the ship was blessed and cheered on its way.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash