PHOTOS: High spring tides batter North Devon coast
- Credit: Archant
Huge waves crashed over the sea walls at Lynmouth and Westward Ho! this morning. View our gallery here.
Coastal areas are preparing for a battering from the ocean this weekend, with high spring tides and onshore winds predicted.
These fantastic photos (see gallery above) show the power of the waves this morning (Friday) at Westward Ho! and Lynmouth.
Photographer Guy Harrop captured shots of the waves crashing into the sea wall in Lynmouth and flooding the road.
Meanwhile in Westward Ho! Ian Kevern captured these aerial shots of the seafront being battered by waves.
You may also want to watch:
The Environment Agency has issued a low level flood warning for coastal and tidal areas between Hartland Point and Lynmouth.
The warning, which includes the Taw and Torridge Estuary, is a reminder of the coastal storms that battered the region last year.
- 1 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 2 Search for missing Ilfracombe woman Hannah Peacock continues
- 3 Schizophrenic mugger sent to mental unit after Barnstaple robbery
- 4 Crooked party leader with ties to Bideford was a serial conman
- 5 The boy in the tent Max Woosey receives prestigious award
- 6 Drug driver banned after crashing during chase through North Devon
- 7 Old Tannery in South Molton to be turned into new homes
- 8 Egg-ceptional packaging design from autistic Petroc student Brooke
- 9 Men admit Ilfracombe park stabbing
- 10 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
A spokesman for the EA said: “High astronomical spring tides, combined with high energy waves, could result in flood warnings being issued for the North Devon coast from Friday through to Monday.”
You can check the Bideford tide times on page two of the North Devon Gazette, also available on our e-edition here.
Check back for the latest updates and flood warnings as we have them. If you spot any flooding, send your photos to email@example.com.