PHOTOS: Heavy rain brings more North Devon flooding
Flood and surface water causes problems across the region.
Update 12.50pm: Reports have come in of heavy surface water on the A361 at Chivenor Cross roundabout. Approach the area with care.
The B3231 Saunton Road in Saunton closed at the Broad Lane junction due to flooding.
HEAVY rain overnight has once again brought problems to North Devon.
This morning (Thursday) surface water and flooding caused problems for motorists, including the driver of a Ford Fiesta whose car became stuck in deep water on the A39 just outside Shirwell.
You may also want to watch:
The A386 at Weare Giffard is partially blocked at the Loxdown Road junction due to a land slip.
Flooding has also been reported on the A399 between Ilfracombe and Watermouth.
- 1 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 7 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 8 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 9 Affinity Devon seeks next Charity of the Year
- 10 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
The fire service was called out at 1.30am to flooding at a house in West Putford near Holsworthy. Fire fighters diverted the flow of water coming off nearby fields and then helped the occupants to clear water from their home.
On Twitter, Hugh Griffith, highway control centre manager for Devon County Council warned of flooding on the A399 between Ilfracombe and Watermouth, plus heavy standing water on the A361 Barnstaple to Braunton road near the Tarka Inn.
Elsewhere, users said there was flooding between Ilfracombe and Barnstaple, plus lots of surface water from Ilfracombe to Croyde, as well as a great deal of water on the around Northam and Bideford, especially Buckleigh Road from Westward Ho! to Abbotsham.
Rain is forecast for much of today and the Environment Agency has issued floods alerts for the lower Taw, including the including the Barnstaple, Umberleigh, Chittlehampton, Swimbridge and Bishops Tawton areas.
Alerts are also in place for Exmoor rivers and coastal streams, as well as the rivers Caen, Bradiford Water and Yeo and coastal streams from Braunton to Combe Martin, plus the Torridge, Waldon and Lew, including Black Torrington, Milton Damerel and Hatherleigh, and coastal streams in the Hartland and Clovelly areas.
More information can be found at www.environment-agency.gov.uk.
Spotted any flooding in North Devon? Send your photos to email@example.com or tweet us @northdevon24