PHOTOS: Crowds dive in at Bideford Water Festival
- Credit: Archant
Bungee jumpers lept from 175ft platform above the River Torridge as part of Bideford Water Festival yesterday (Sunday).
A few showers didn’t stop daring bungee jumpers leap 175ft over the River Torridge yesterday (Sunday).
Despite the rain, crowds flocked to Bideford Quay for the annual Bideford Water Festival.
As well as the bungee jump returning for a second year, there was plenty to entertain the crowds.
Canoe demonstrations, a visit from the RNLI, a fly over from the Chivenor Sea King and even a duck race occurred throughout the day.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Bideford Rotary Club, raising money for local charities.
Scroll through the gallery above for more photos from the event.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 7 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 8 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer