Photos and video: Storm causes damage in Ilfracombe
- Credit: Archant
High winds bring huge waves crashing over the harbour wall - send us your photos and videos.
ILFRACOMBE seafront flooded today (Sat) as gusts of up to 70 miles per hour brought waves crashing over the harbour wall.
North Devon has been under a yellow weather warning for winds for most of the day and heavy rainfall is predicted to come in tomorrow.
The battering seas also brought down a wall on the promenade behind the Landmark Theatre.
Earlier today, a car also became stranded in Barnstaple as the tide came up around it.
You may also want to watch:
On Twitter and Facebook people have been sharing their photographs of the stormy weather.
@_fabandy tweeted a photo of the waves and said : “Wall of water #ilfracombe.”
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 6 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
On Facebook, Jack Dabney posted a photo of a large wave and said: “Just looked out my window to see the weather, just managed to catch a wave coming over the pier nearly as high as the hill!”
Have you taken any photos or videos of the stormy weather today? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @northdevon24.