PHOTOS AND VIDEO: Police release new images of Warrens robbery suspect
Officers release new CCTV footage and are appealing for anyone who recognises the man they wish to question to come forward.
POLICE in Barnstaple have released further CCTV of the man sought in connection with an alleged armed robbery in Barnstaple last Wednesday.
The man was reported to have entered Warrens Bakery in Boutport Street around 4.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “The suspect went into Warrens in Boutport Street and threatened staff with what appeared to be some sort of firearm.
“The staff member then handed over an amount of cash before the offender made off from the store.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are looking for the man who they wish to question and are appealing for anyone who recognises him to come forward.
The man police are looking for is described as white, aged 25-40yrs of age, between 5”8 – 5”11 and of stocky build. He was wearing dark clothing and possibly a light coloured woollen hat.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
A 44-year-old man was arrested in connection with the alleged robbery but has been released on police bail until Friday.
Anyone who recognises the man from the CCTV still taken in Wells Street, or has information that may help the enquiry is asked to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting crime reference CB/12/3877.
For more photos click the gallery in the top right of the page.