PHOTOS AND VIDEO: Police release new images of Warrens robbery suspect
Officers release new CCTV footage and are appealing for anyone who recognises the man they wish to question to come forward.
POLICE in Barnstaple have released further CCTV of the man sought in connection with an alleged armed robbery in Barnstaple last Wednesday.
The man was reported to have entered Warrens Bakery in Boutport Street around 4.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “The suspect went into Warrens in Boutport Street and threatened staff with what appeared to be some sort of firearm.
“The staff member then handed over an amount of cash before the offender made off from the store.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are looking for the man who they wish to question and are appealing for anyone who recognises him to come forward.
The man police are looking for is described as white, aged 25-40yrs of age, between 5”8 – 5”11 and of stocky build. He was wearing dark clothing and possibly a light coloured woollen hat.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 5 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 6 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Selaine Saxby's Henry to compete for Westminster Dog of the Year
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 Christine Stephenson found safe and well
A 44-year-old man was arrested in connection with the alleged robbery but has been released on police bail until Friday.
Anyone who recognises the man from the CCTV still taken in Wells Street, or has information that may help the enquiry is asked to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting crime reference CB/12/3877.
For more photos click the gallery in the top right of the page.