Photos and Video: Bideford twinkles after Light Switch On
See all the photos from this weekend’s Christmas light switch on event in our galleries.
CROWDS flocked to Bideford Quay yesterday (Sun) to get into the festive spirit at the annual Christmas Light Switch On.
Despite the rain, thousands gathered to enjoy the afternoon of festivities which culminated in a reindeer parade and fireworks display.
Titan the Robot drew crowds of admirers in his three shows during the afternoon, and children flocked to see the reindeer from the Cairngorm Reindeer Centre.
After performances from St Mary’s School Choir and Bideford Town Band, the lights were switched on by Chloe Staddon, James Skinner and Hunter Parton from the Children’s Hospice Southwest and Children’s Holiday Foundation North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Reindeer then paraded through the streets, with a firework display as the grand finale.
Organiser Darren Sparrey said: “It was great to see thousands of people turned out and it was a brilliant event.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
“Everybody did an amazing job, from Phil Vanstone with the fairground rides to the fireworks display at the end of the evening.
“The Voice FM did a sterling job presenting the whole thing and people still keep saying to me it’s the best switch on in the area.
“Bideford Town Council provided all the funding for the lights and next year we have an even bigger budget.
“We’ll sit down and put our heads together in March but we’re hoping we can go all out next year for the biggest and best event yet.”
Check out our galleries to see the photos from this weekend’s Light Switch On event.