Photo: Widespread search for missing man from Swimbridge
- Credit: Archant
Police helicopter scrambled in search for man reported missing from his home in Swimbridge yesterday (Mon).
A POLICE helicopter has been scrambled in the search for a man reported missing from Barnstaple yesterday (Mon) afternoon.
Christopher Barrow, 55, was reported missing from his home in Swimbridge at around 1.30pm yesterday.
Police are concerned for his welfare and spent the night searching a widespread area with a number of local units and the helicopter until ‘late into the night’
The search picked up again this morning with the helicopter up at around 7.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Teams including the Dartmoor Search and Rescue are now focusing the search on the Venn Quarry area.
Mr Barrow is described as being white, 5ft 10ins tall and of slim build. He is clean shaven and has cropped brown hair. He was last seen wearing a red top, blue jeans, tan-coloured work boots and possibly a green jacket.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
He disappeared on foot with his pet dog, a long-haired dark-coloured lurcher.
A spokesman police urged anyone who has seen a man of this description or with any information to contact 999 immediately quoting log 510 of February 10.