Photo: Seven car pile-up closes Bideford Bridge
- Credit: Archant
The A39 was closed for several hours following the collision on Saturday.
THE Torridge Bridge was closed for several hours on Saturday afternoon after a multi-vehicle collision.
Police confirmed seven cars were involved in the incident which saw police, fire and ambulance crews scrambled to the scene on the A39 at 1.20pm.
One woman suffered neck injuries but all drivers and passengers were free and clear of the vehicles when fire crews from Bideford and Barnstaple arrived.
Fire crews and police worked to move the vehicles to the side of the carriageway to help move traffic, and the road was reopened again at 3.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently investigating the cause of the accident and looking into the weather as a possible cause.
Did you witness the collision? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload them to iwitness24 East and North Devon using the link in the top right of the page.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 A dose of rugby reality for Barnstaple