Photo: Seven car pile-up closes Bideford Bridge
- Credit: Archant
The A39 was closed for several hours following the collision on Saturday.
THE Torridge Bridge was closed for several hours on Saturday afternoon after a multi-vehicle collision.
Police confirmed seven cars were involved in the incident which saw police, fire and ambulance crews scrambled to the scene on the A39 at 1.20pm.
One woman suffered neck injuries but all drivers and passengers were free and clear of the vehicles when fire crews from Bideford and Barnstaple arrived.
Fire crews and police worked to move the vehicles to the side of the carriageway to help move traffic, and the road was reopened again at 3.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently investigating the cause of the accident and looking into the weather as a possible cause.
Did you witness the collision? Send your photos to email@example.com, or upload them to iwitness24 East and North Devon using the link in the top right of the page.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 7 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton