PHOTO: Police hunt suspect after bakery ‘robbery’
Male suspect sought after ‘armed robbery’ in Barnstaple bakery.
POLICE in Barnstaple are searching for the suspect of an alleged armed robbery after a quantity of cash was stolen from a bakery in Barnstaple.
A CCTV image of the suspect has been released by Barnstaple CID to help track him down.
A police spokesman said the force received a 999 call from Warrens bakery in Boutport Street reporting a robbery at 4.37pm.
Officers are hunting a white man aged 25-40 of stocky build. He is thought to be between 5ft 8 and 5ft 11.
You may also want to watch:
He is thought to have been wearing dark clothing and possibly a light coloured woolen hat at the time of the robbery.
The man was alleged to have demanded money from the safe and made off with a ‘quantity of cash’.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
There was a possibility the suspect was armed, said the spokesman.
Officers are looking to speak to anyone who was in the Boutport Street area around 4.30pm or saw the suspect in question.
Anyone who recognises the man from the CCTV still taken in Wells Street, or has information that may help the enquiry is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting crime reference CB/12/3877.