PHOTO: Police hunt suspect after bakery ‘robbery’
Male suspect sought after ‘armed robbery’ in Barnstaple bakery.
POLICE in Barnstaple are searching for the suspect of an alleged armed robbery after a quantity of cash was stolen from a bakery in Barnstaple.
A CCTV image of the suspect has been released by Barnstaple CID to help track him down.
A police spokesman said the force received a 999 call from Warrens bakery in Boutport Street reporting a robbery at 4.37pm.
Officers are hunting a white man aged 25-40 of stocky build. He is thought to be between 5ft 8 and 5ft 11.
He is thought to have been wearing dark clothing and possibly a light coloured woolen hat at the time of the robbery.
The man was alleged to have demanded money from the safe and made off with a ‘quantity of cash’.
- 1 Two vehicle crash blocks Link Road near Barnstaple
- 2 7 Ways to work on North Devon's beaches in 2022 - Stephanie Conway
- 3 OPINION: An introduction from Torridge council leader Ken James
- 4 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 5 Devon's special educational needs funding ‘broken’
- 6 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 7 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 8 Snell returns to inspire comfortable win for Bideford
- 9 Holiday firm's New Year gift for hospice
- 10 Nature conservation work in Fremington requires volunteers
There was a possibility the suspect was armed, said the spokesman.
Officers are looking to speak to anyone who was in the Boutport Street area around 4.30pm or saw the suspect in question.
Anyone who recognises the man from the CCTV still taken in Wells Street, or has information that may help the enquiry is asked to contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting crime reference CB/12/3877.