PHOTO: Landslip closes road in Westward Ho!
- Credit: Archant
A diversion is set to be in place for the next three weeks while the damage is fixed, confirmed Devon County Council.
A road in Westward Ho! has been closed following a landslip on a private property.
The damage to a wall and bank on Atlantic Way is believed to have been caused by the recent excessive rain.
A spokesman for Devon County Council confirmed the landowner had engaged a contractor to carry out the work, which is believed to take three weeks.
A 50-metre section of the road has been closed during this time for safety reasons and access is available up to the closure at each end.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion put in place runs through Fore Street in Northam, Sandymere Road, Golf Links Road and Beach Road.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes