PHOTO: Landslip closes road in Westward Ho!
- Credit: Archant
A diversion is set to be in place for the next three weeks while the damage is fixed, confirmed Devon County Council.
A road in Westward Ho! has been closed following a landslip on a private property.
The damage to a wall and bank on Atlantic Way is believed to have been caused by the recent excessive rain.
A spokesman for Devon County Council confirmed the landowner had engaged a contractor to carry out the work, which is believed to take three weeks.
A 50-metre section of the road has been closed during this time for safety reasons and access is available up to the closure at each end.
You may also want to watch:
A diversion put in place runs through Fore Street in Northam, Sandymere Road, Golf Links Road and Beach Road.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 5 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 6 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure