Photo: Kitchen fire in Allhalland Street, Bideford

Fire fighters in Allhalland Street, Bideford on Wednesday night. Pic: Roger Johnson.

Fire fighters in Allhalland Street, Bideford on Wednesday night. Pic: Roger Johnson. - Credit: Archant

Fire fighters called out to reports of a kitchen fire in a first floor flat on Wednesday evening.

FIRE fighters were called out to a flat in Allhalland Street in Bideford last night (Weds) after reports of a kitchen fire.

Two fire engines from Bideford arrived at the first floor flat above the Raffles antique shop just after 5pm.

Crews found the fire was out on arrival and used breathing apparatus and positive pressure ventilation to clear the smoke.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter