PHOTO GALLERY: Thrills galore at ‘fabulous’ Heritage Day
- Credit: Archant
Organisers have described Bideford Heritage Day as ‘fabulous’ and ‘extremely successful’.
The annual celebration of the town’s history took place on Saturday, with fun for all the family along the quay and in Victoria Park.
Everything was free to try, including the ever-popular falconry and archery.
There was also a wide array of ‘living history’ demonstrations, including medieval armed combat and a barber surgeon, plus free tours of the town’s historical landmarks.
An estimated 4,000 people came to enjoy the day, with some visitors coming from as far away as America.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fabulous day,” said co-organiser David Howell of Bideford 500. “It went extremely well.
“We attracted a lot of people and a lot of people had a very good day.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
“We’ve got some initial plans in place already for next year and we’re concentrating on getting the message of Bideford’s heritage across to people.”