PHOTO: Fallen tree blocks North Devon Link Road
- Credit: Archant
The large tree is said to be ‘passable with care’ at Aller Cross.
Update 5.25pm: The incident has now been cleared.
THE high winds have caused a large fir tree to fall in the North Devon Link Road at Aller Cross this afternoon (Friday).
Hugh Griffin, of Devon County Council’s highways operations control centre, tweeted at 3.40pm: “A361 Aller Cross, Barnstaple direction fallen tree passable with care #devonroads.”
Police confirmed officers and Highways were on route to the scene two-and-a-half miles west of South Molton.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being urged to take care on the roads with weather warnings still in place until tomorrow.
Are you passing? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 4 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 5 Torrington school switches to remote learning after Covid cases
- 6 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 9 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 10 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton