PHOTO: Fallen tree blocks North Devon Link Road
- Credit: Archant
The large tree is said to be ‘passable with care’ at Aller Cross.
Update 5.25pm: The incident has now been cleared.
THE high winds have caused a large fir tree to fall in the North Devon Link Road at Aller Cross this afternoon (Friday).
Hugh Griffin, of Devon County Council’s highways operations control centre, tweeted at 3.40pm: “A361 Aller Cross, Barnstaple direction fallen tree passable with care #devonroads.”
Police confirmed officers and Highways were on route to the scene two-and-a-half miles west of South Molton.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists are being urged to take care on the roads with weather warnings still in place until tomorrow.
Are you passing? Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 World’s Biggest Macmillan Coffee Morning backed by North Devon MP
- 9 Devon Police commissioner commits to tackling gender violence
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal