Phone box gets new lease of life
The iconic red box is feeling a little blue after receiving a lick of paint.
AN ICONIC red phone box in Filleigh has received a vibrant makeover as part of an ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ scheme.
Nearby advertising agency Bray Leino adopted the phone box as part of the scheme by BT to give commercially unviable boxes a new lease of life.
The agency has painted the phone box a light blue colour in line with its company colours.
Filleigh Parish Council agreed last year for the company to take over the box, and this is the first stage in the revitalisation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the company said: “We are still throwing around a few ideas as to what we are going to do with the phone box, so watch this space.”
It is anticipated plans will be made for the future of the box within the next few weeks.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
- 10 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
Other phone boxes adopted through the scheme around the country have been transformed into ideas from grocery shops to art galleries.