Phone box gets new lease of life
The iconic red box is feeling a little blue after receiving a lick of paint.
AN ICONIC red phone box in Filleigh has received a vibrant makeover as part of an ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ scheme.
Nearby advertising agency Bray Leino adopted the phone box as part of the scheme by BT to give commercially unviable boxes a new lease of life.
The agency has painted the phone box a light blue colour in line with its company colours.
Filleigh Parish Council agreed last year for the company to take over the box, and this is the first stage in the revitalisation.
A spokesman for the company said: “We are still throwing around a few ideas as to what we are going to do with the phone box, so watch this space.”
It is anticipated plans will be made for the future of the box within the next few weeks.
- 1 Go ahead for 211 homes but Bideford plans fall short on affordable homes
- 2 Remembering much-loved and once-heaving Ilfracombe train station
- 3 North Devon holiday home tax dodgers face crackdown
- 4 Covid outbreaks in Devon’s care homes at highest level since pandemic began
- 5 Stylish Victorian property offers many period features
- 6 Queen's Theatre panto audiences raise £3,200 for local charities
- 7 South Molton's top 10 rating for pannier market
- 8 Help turn tide with Appledore community film
- 9 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 10 Those energy bills - what has gone wrong?
Other phone boxes adopted through the scheme around the country have been transformed into ideas from grocery shops to art galleries.