Phone box gets new lease of life
The iconic red box is feeling a little blue after receiving a lick of paint.
AN ICONIC red phone box in Filleigh has received a vibrant makeover as part of an ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ scheme.
Nearby advertising agency Bray Leino adopted the phone box as part of the scheme by BT to give commercially unviable boxes a new lease of life.
The agency has painted the phone box a light blue colour in line with its company colours.
Filleigh Parish Council agreed last year for the company to take over the box, and this is the first stage in the revitalisation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the company said: “We are still throwing around a few ideas as to what we are going to do with the phone box, so watch this space.”
It is anticipated plans will be made for the future of the box within the next few weeks.
- 1 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 2 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 3 PICTURES: Women 'Walk Taller Than The Trees' at Nightwalk 2021
- 4 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 5 PICTURES: Bideford 10k is back for 2021
- 6 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 7 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 8 Arts Council England announces support for North Devon
- 9 Dolton remembers resident Rolling Stone Charlie Watts
- 10 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
Other phone boxes adopted through the scheme around the country have been transformed into ideas from grocery shops to art galleries.