Phone box gets new lease of life
The iconic red box is feeling a little blue after receiving a lick of paint.
AN ICONIC red phone box in Filleigh has received a vibrant makeover as part of an ‘Adopt a Kiosk’ scheme.
Nearby advertising agency Bray Leino adopted the phone box as part of the scheme by BT to give commercially unviable boxes a new lease of life.
The agency has painted the phone box a light blue colour in line with its company colours.
Filleigh Parish Council agreed last year for the company to take over the box, and this is the first stage in the revitalisation.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the company said: “We are still throwing around a few ideas as to what we are going to do with the phone box, so watch this space.”
It is anticipated plans will be made for the future of the box within the next few weeks.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Other phone boxes adopted through the scheme around the country have been transformed into ideas from grocery shops to art galleries.