Petroc students wow business experts
BUSINESS students at Petroc have wowed a panel of experts with the college’s entry into the nationwide Global Entrepreneurship competition.
Judges from local businesses including Subway, Lloyds Bank, Devon Plus, the public services and Changing Places Property Company spent a day at the college to judge the team entries.
Students were challenged to create a business that could launch this December on a market stall, taking advantage of the most profitable time of the year to work in one of Britain’s local markets and test a product or service.
The winning team, selected from more than 120 Business Vocational students on either an Extended or Level 2 Diploma in Business, impressed the panel with their superb team working skills, innovative new product idea and enthusiastic approach.
“The standard of entries this year was staggering and all the business participants should be congratulated, though the finalists were especially impressive,” said event organiser, Andrew Penfold from Petroc.
Those interested in business courses at Petroc can call the Guidance Centre on (01271) 338125 or visit www.petroc.ac.uk.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions