Petroc student is ‘outstanding engineer’
AN Ilfracombe employee has been given the accolade of most outstanding Petroc engineering student for the college year 2009-2010.
Tania Jeffery, who works at TDK Lambda, has been presented with Award for Excellence in Engineering sponsored by Babcock Marine.
The award aims to raise the profile of engineering and reward outstanding students throughout the region - Tania achieved a National Certificate in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with a Distinction profile at Petroc in June.
She was supported throughout her studies by her employer, TDK Lambda and was chosen for the award from among 250 students.
“As an international employer, Babcock requires young motivated people with a passion for engineering and as an industrial sector we can offer huge opportunities for the right candidates,” said the company’s director of shipbuilding, Andy Hamilton.
You may also want to watch:
“By working in partnership with Petroc and other manufacturers I believe we can make a genuine difference to the job opportunities available to young people throughout the region.”
If you are interested in Engineering courses at Petroc, please call the Guidance Centre on (01271) 338125 or visit www.petroc.ac.uk.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online